- Mandia(Ragi/ Finger millet) powder – 500 gm
- Greengram dal – 250 gm
- Chopped Onion -1 cup
- Chopped Green chilli – 4 tbs
- Coriander leaves – 1 handfull
- Curry leave – 1 handfull
- Fenugreek seeds –10gm
- Cumin seed –2 tbs
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil- for frying
- Wash greengram dal thoroughly with water till it is clean.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with washed greengram dal and soak the mix for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked mix till batter turns into smooth batter.
- Add Mandia ((Ragi / Finger millet) powder to the batter,allow it to ferment for around 1 hour.
- Add all the chopped onion, greenchilli, cumin seeds to the mandia ((Ragi / Finger millet) mung dal batter and mix it well.
- Wash curry leaf and coriander leafs and chop them.
- Add salt, curry leaf and coriander leafs to the mixed batter and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make small round balls from the mixed batter and flattened it.
- Deep fry it in hot oil in a medium flame till they turn brown in colour.
- Serve hot Mandia mung dal vadawith chutney or sambar.
(U can add baking soda instead of fenugreek seeds for better fermentation as per your choice.)
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]