- Mandia (Ragi/Finger millet) flour- 2 cup
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- Ghee- ½ cup
- Oil /ghee -for frying
- Jaggery -1 ½ cup
- Cashew nuts (Chopped)- 20-25 pc
- Raisin (kismis)- 25-30 pc
- Green cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Water -according to need
- Sieve Mandia (Ragi/ Finger millet) flour and Whole-wheat flour to remove any husk or other impurities.
- Take a bowl and combine Mandia (Ragi/ Finger millet) flour and Whole-wheat flour into it. Mix well.
- Add ghee to the mixed flour and mix well with your fingers.
- Add water and knead a semi-soft dough.
- Keep covered the dough for around 5-10 minutes.
- Knead again for a minute and divide the dough into 10-12 pieces.
- Prepare small muthiya from the dough.
- Heat oil in a Kadai for frying.
- Deep fry the prepared muthiya on a medium flame.
- Fry muthiya till they get golden brown color on the crust.
- Same way fry all muthiyas. Keep them aside to cool down.
- Break muthiya into small pieces.
- Grind them in a mixer grinder to make a churma (fine powder).
- Same way grind all muthiya pieces. Then sieve churma and keep it aside.
- Grate the jaggery.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan.
- Fry cashew nuts and keep aside
- When ghee is medium hot add grated jaggery.
- Cook on slow flame till jaggery gets melt completely.
- Turn off the flame. Immediately pour ghee and jaggery mixture into churma.
- Mix flour, ghee, fried cashew nuts (Kaju), raisin (Kismis), and green cardamom powder with the help of a spoon.
- When the mixture is lukewarm, start preparing ladoos of the desire size.
- When they cool down completely, store yummy churma ladoos into airtight containers and enjoy it
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]