- Mandia(Ragi/Finger millet) flour – 400 gm
- Refined wheat flour / atta- 100 gm
- Baking powder –¼ tbs
- Butter – 200 gm
- Sugar – 250 gm(powder)
- Milk – 100 ml /as required
- Fruit essence- as required (optional)
- Salt- for taste
- Take Mandia(Ragi/Finger millet)flour and refined wheat flour/atta in a plate and sieve them to remove any husk or other impurities.
- Put both Mandia(Ragi/Finger millet) flour and refined wheat flour/atta in a bowl and mix it well.
- Put butter and sugar in a separate bowl and stir them till they attain creamy texture.
- Add Mandia(Ragi/Finger millet) flour and refined wheat flour/atta mix, baking powder, and salt into the creamy butter mix.
- Add milk and essence to the butter-sugar mix and stir it so it gets the uniform texture
- Mix it till uniform soft dough texture is attained.
- Roll the dough into small balls and cut in cookie shape with a hand/cookie cutter machine.
- Preheat oven to 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes
- Shift the biscuits into a baking tray and place them in the oven and bake the biscuits for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Take the biscuit out and allow it to cool.
- Pack them in air-tight boxes/containers and enjoy it.
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]