- Sorghum flour- 100gm
- Turmeric powder- 1/6th tsp
- Ginger green chili paste- ¼ tsp( optional but it enhance the taste )
- Curd- 100gm
- Sesame- 1 tsp
- Mustard seed-¼ tsp
- Green chilli- 3 to 4 pc
- Grated coconut- 2 tbs
- Coriander leaf- 1 tbs
- Curry leaf- few
- Spread oil on backside of plates or tray and keep aside. (You can also use the back of a large baking tray.)
- Take a plate, mix jowar (Sorghum) flour, turmeric powder, salt and besan, sieve them to remove any husk or other impurities.
- Take the curd in a mixi jar, add ginger-green chili paste and salt.
- Add the sorghum besan mix flour and water in to it.
- Put the mixi jar in the grinder machine and run the machine to mix all these things
- Now you get a smooth batter for khandvi.
- Pour this batter in a pan , switch on the gas in low flame and keep the pan over gas. Begin to stir.
- Keep on stirring when the khandvi batter is getting heated up. Lumps begin to form and you have to continuously stir to avoid lumps.
- The batter also should not be allowed to stick at the bottom. So you have to stir continuously.
- Quickly pour about ½ cup of batter ( can be more or less as per plate or tray size) on a plate/ tray and spread thinly & evenly with a spatula. (You have to be quick with the remaining batter too.)
- Allow to cool and then cut into equal sized strips.
- Gently roll each strip tightly and place them in a serving tray or plate.
- Then for the tempering, heat oil and crackle the mustard seeds.
- Then add curry leaves, green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds and then sesame change color & crackle pour this hot tempering mixture along with the oil on the khandvi rolls.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve khandvi with coriander mint chutney.
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at: [email protected]