- Fresh milky Maize ( corn)- 7—8 cobs
- Sugar- 1 ½ cup
- Condensed milk- 1 ½ cup
- Refined oil / cow ghee – 3 tbs
- Green cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Dry fruits – 4 tbs
- Remove the grains from the maize and wash it properly.
- Grind it in to a smooth paste and sieve through a strainer
- Heat oil/ ghee, add the maize paste in to it and roast in a low flame .
- Cook it properly in a low flame until the paste turns brown.
- Keep stirring to avoid formation of lumps & cook till mixtures starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- In a another pan prepare sugar syrup with water and sugar
- Add maize paste , green cardamom powder and condensed milk in to sugar syrup and stir continuously until all ingredients mixed well in a halwa form .
- Once the mixture is ready ,coat a tray with ghee / oil and pour cooled mixture in to it.
- Garnish with dry fruits ( as per your choice).
- Let it cool in room temperature
- When the mixture has hardened, cut with a knife and serve.
(You can use Jaggery instead of Sugar)
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at: [email protected]