- Mandia (Ragi/Finger millet )powder –2 cup
- Kaju(Cashew nut) –10 to 15 pc
- Kismis(Raisins) –20 to 25 pc
- Ghee –1 cup
- Green cardamom powder – ¼ tbs
- Jaggery-1 ½ cup ( crushed )
- Bay leaf -2 pc
- Clove – 3 to 4 pc
- Water- 1 cup
- Take a pan, put ghee, and heat it in a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Put Kaju(Cashew nut ) into the ghee and heat it in low flame till cashew turns golden brown and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Fry Kismis(Raisins) in a low flame for a few seconds and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Put bay leaf and cloves into the ghee.
- PutMandia (Ragi/Finger millet)powder in the same pan and roast it properly on a low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add crushed jaggery to it and keep stirring.
- Add water to Mandia (Ragi/Finger millet) mix and keep stirring to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook till mixtures start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add roasted cashew nuts, raisins& green cardamom powder to it and sauté it well on a low flame for 2 to 3minute.
- Now Mandia (Ragi/Finger millet) halwa is ready to be served.
(You can use milk instead of water. u can also use groundnuts and Khajur)
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]