- Mandia (Finger millet/ Ragi ) powder –1kg
- Jaggery – 500 gm
- Groundnuts – 100 gm
- Ghee – 100 gm
- Sesame seeds – 100 gm
- Green cardamom Powder -10 -15 gm
- Take 1 glass of water in a pan. Add jaggery blocks to the pan and heat on medium flame.
- Keep heating till jaggery melts in the water and when syrup turns sticky.
- Strain the syrup to remove any impurities and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat it on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Put Mandia (Finger millet/ Ragi ) powder in the pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once aroma emerges from the powder, remove the Mandia (Finger millet/ Ragi ) powder from the pan and place it in a bowl for cooling.
- Put the groundnuts in the pan and dry roast on low flame for about 10 mins.
- Keep stirring continuously till groundnuts turn light brown.
- Remove the groundnuts from the pan and keep them aside in a separate bowl.
- Put the sesame seeds in the same pan and dry roast on low flame for about 1-2 mins.
- Keep stirring continuously till sesame seeds turn light brown.
- Remove the sesame seeds from the pan and keep them aside in a separate bowl.
- Heat ghee in another pan and switch off the flame
- Add roasted Mandia (Finger millet/ Ragi ) powder, cardamom powder, roasted groundnuts, and one-third of roasted sesame seeds in ghee and mix it well.
- Add jaggery syrup to the mix and mix it well and make round balls in form of ladoos.
- Place the remaining toasted sesame seeds on a plate and roll the ladoos to create a coat on the ladoos.
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]