Prepared By: Sabnam Aferin
- Gurji (Little millet) rice – 500 gm
- Green gram(Mung) Dal – 200 gm
- Onion –1 pc
- Green chili – As needed
- Oil / ghee – 50 gm
- Vegetables(Cauliflower ,carrot , Tomato etc,)-150 gm
- Curry leaf – 1 branch
- Mustard seeds -few
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbs
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbs
- Cumin seeds – few
- Cow ghee-2 tbs ( or as per taste )
- Wash Mung dal (green gram) and soak it in a bowl for 30 minutes
- Wash little millet rice and keep aside in a bowl.
- Chop onion, green chili, and all vegetables.
- Take a pan and heat the oil/ ghee
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaf, chopped onion, green chili one by one, and stir fry it in low flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and stir fry for 2 minutes on low flame
- Add all the vegetables, tomato and stir fry for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame.
- Add Mung dal (green gram), water and heat it till water boils.
- Once the water starts boiling, Pour little millet rice into it.
- Add salt, cover the pan with a plate and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep stirring at regular intervals and check if the Gurji (little millet) rice is cooked or not.
- Once Gurji (Little millet) rice khichdi is cooked well add cow ghee into it .
- Now khichdi is ready to eat, serve hot with any pickle.