- Split Green gram(Mungdall)- 1 cup
- Mandia (Ragi) powder-1. ½ cup
- Green chilly- 5-6 pc (as needed)
- Ginger piece- 2inch
- Salt- to taste
- Oil-for frying
- Fresh curd- 4 cup
- Coriander mint (Dhaniapudina) chutney- 4 tbs
- Red chilly powder- as needed
- Roasted cumin powder- as needed
- Fresh coriander(Dhania) leaves-6 tbs
- Curry leaves- 1 branch
- Red chilly- 4-5 pc
- Wash and soak split green gram (mung dal) for 5-6 hours. Remove the soaked water, add fresh water.
- Add chopped green chilies, ginger, green gram (mung dal) in a grinder jar. Grind it in to smooth paste batter.
- Add salt and Mandia (ragi ) powder in prepared mung dal batter& mix well.
- Ferment the mix for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in kadhai/ Pan. Take a little portion of prepared mung dal batter, drop it in hot oil, similarly add a few more
- Deep fry vadas in hot oil on medium flame till golden brown. similarly prepared more vadas from remaining batter
- While the fried vada is still hot put them in water(add ½ tsp salt in water) filled bowl. Soak them for 5-8 minutes till they are soft
- Take the soaked vada out of water one by one, press them with your palms to remove excess water. Similarly, repeat the process with remaining vadas.
- Take a pan and Heat oil in it.
- Add curry leaf, red chili and stir fry for 10 seconds on a low flame.
- Transfer the contents to soaked vadas .
- In a serving plate arrange prepared Mandia mung dal vadas. On it pours curd, dhania pudina chutney on each vada
- Sprinkle red chili powder, roasted cumin seed powder
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leave &sev before serving.
(You can also add aalo-dam with it for more taste )
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at: [email protected]