- Mandia(Ragi/ Finger millet) powder- 300gm
- All-purpose flour (Maida) -200 gm
- Butter / Refine Oil – 150 ml
- Crushed Jaggery -200 gm
- Baking powder-1/2th tsp
- Baking soda-1/4th tsp
- Dry-fruits- one handful( optional)
- Choco chips- one handful ( optional)
- Curd -1 cup
- Milk- 1/2thcup
- Essence -1/4thtbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix Mandia( finger millet/ragi) powder, baking soda, baking powder, and all-purpose flour ( maida) on a plate and sieve them to remove any husk or other impurities.
- Put butter/ refine oil and crushed jaggery in a bowl and stir them till they attain creamy texture.
- Add curd and essence to the mix and stir it so it gets dissolved.
- Add Mandia( finger millet/ragi) Maida mix to the butter-curd mix.
- Stir it well so that a batter with uniform texture is formed.
- Add milk ( as required )to this batter and mix it till the batter attains a good texture.
- Add dry fruits & choco chips to the batter.
- Grease the baking bowl with oil/ butter and sprinkle little maida flour into it or put a butter paper in the baking bowl
- Shift the batter to a baking bowl and place it in the preheated oven at 180°C for 25 to 30 min.
- Check after 25 mins if the cake has baked well or not.
- If it is not well baked then place the baking bowl in the oven for another 5 minute
- Then take the cake out and allow it to cool for 10 mins.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
( u can use powder sugar instead of crushed jaggery also u can use wheat flour (atta) in place of maida. Tuttifruti can also be used in cake )
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]