Mandia (Ragi/ Finger millet ) Murukku
- Mandia (Ragi/ Finger millet ) flour- 500gm
- Rice flour – 350gm
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
- Chilli powder –34 tbs
- Turmeric powder – 2tbs
- Cumin Seeds – 3tbs
- Asafetida (Hing) – 1/4thtbs
- Sesame seeds – 100 gm
- Sieve Mandia (Finger millet/Ragi) flour and rice flour to remove any husk or other impurities ..
- Take a bowl and add Mandia (Finger millet/Ragi) flour and rice flour into it.
- Add cumin seeds, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, asafetida (hing), sesame seeds to the bowl and mix it well
- Take a small pan and heat 50 ml of refined oil till it becomes light hot.
- Pour the light hot oil into the flour mixture and mix it with hand properly
- Add water to the mixture and mix it till it becomes a smooth dough.
- Fill the dough in a hand-operated murukku making machine.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add dough to the hot oil in the shape of murukku through a hand-operated murukku making machine.
- Deep fry the murukku in oil on low flame until it turns brown.
- After frying, put the murukku on tissue paper to absorb excess oil and to cool.
- Murukku is ready to be served as an evening snack.
- You can store in an airtight container