- Mandia (Ragi/ Finger millet ) powder – ½ cup
- Chopped carrot –1/4th cup
- Chopped beans – 1/4th cup
- Butter/ refined oil – as required
- Garlic pods- 8to10 pc
- Chopped ginger—1 tsp (Optional)
- Chopped green chili- as required (Optional)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Vinegar- 1 tbs
- Tomato sauce- as required
- Chili sauce -as required
- Black salt-as required
- Take a pan and dry roast Mandia (Ragi/ Fingermillet ) powder for 4 to 5 minutes on a low flame and keep aside in a plate
- Put butter/refine oil in the pan and heat it on low flame till butter melts/oil becomes hot.
- Cut the garlic pods in to small pieces and add in heat oil, add chopped ginger, stir fry for 1 minute in a low flame.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and green chili to stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add vinegar and salt in to it stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water to the pan. Cook them on low flame till vegetables are cooked well.
- Add Mandia (Ragi/ Fingermillet ) powder in a cup of water and mix it till gets uniform consistency without lumps.
- Add the watery Mandia (Ragi/ Fingermillet ) mix to the vegetables and boil it for 4 to 5 minutes in a low flame
- Switch off the flame & add black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add Tomato sauce, black salt and chilli sauce & serve hot.
( you can add spring onion , coriander leaf as per your choice)
Prepared by: Sabnam Aferin
You can reach her at [email protected]