Little millet (Gurji) Upma
- Little millet rice – 200 gm
- Onion – 1 pc
- Beans – 100 gm
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Black gram – 5 gm
- Oil / ghee – 50 gm
- Salt – as per taste
- Tomato – 1 pc
- Turmeric powder – as required
- Green chili- 4 to 5 pc
- Curry leaves – 1 branch
- Clean the little millet rice and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Chop green chili, onion , tomato and beans and keep it in a separate bowl.
- Grate ginger and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil till it becomes hot.
- Add Black gram to the pan. Stir fry till they become light brown.
- Add grated ginger, curry leaves, onion and greenchilli and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes in a low flame.
- Add chopped beans, chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, water and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the water starts to boil, add little millet rice .
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes in a low flame till water is absorbed and millet looks cooked.
- Served with Sambar or chutney .
Note:- You can add other vegetables as per your choice.